Mixed Greens with Heirloom Tomatoes, Pesto Dressing and Pine Nuts
Recipe courtesy of Executive Chef Renato DePirro of Ristorante Cavour
- 8 long, very thin slices of cucumber
- 6 ounces of favorite salad mix
- 8 ounces baby heirloom tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 teaspoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 Grissini breadsticks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Champagne
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Take 2 thin slices of cucumber and bend each of them into a U with the ends touching to create a shallow bowl on top of the plate.
- Dress the salad and place it in the inside of the cucumber cups.
- Top with tomatoes and pine nuts; garnish with a breadstick.
Servings: Makes 4 servings.